The majority of the children today have glasses or weak eyesight because of constant exposure to mobile phone glare and light. This powerful light harms the vision and weakens it with many children forced to wear high power glasses. Other than gadgets, wrong food habits may also affect their eyesight. As a parent, you should maintain healthy eyesight by following kids proper nutrition and less exposure to gadgets.
Tips To Maintain Healthy Eyesight
Kids Proper Nutrition
There are certain foods that enhance your eyesight and ensure proper eye health. Give the below-listed foods to your kids regularly to maintain healthy eyesight:
Carrots are the most beneficial foods for healthy eyesight. These are loaded with vitamin A necessary for healthy sight.
Nuts And Seeds
Nuts and seeds are rich in protein, energy, antioxidants, minerals, omega fatty acids, and essential vitamins. They are full of healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fatty acids.
Green Leafy Vegetables
Rich in vitamins, C, A, and K, green leafy vegetables are a healthy food one should eat throughout one’s life. These also contain important minerals, antioxidants, and vitamin B.
Egg whites are rich sources of protein and vitamin B2. They also contain vitamin d, B6, B12, selenium, and important minerals, such as copper and iron and zinc.
Dairy products are rich in protein which the body utilizes for the building of amino acids and skimmed dairy products are also rich in calcium essential for bone health and the proper functioning of the nerves and muscles in the eyes.
Reduce Gadget Use To Maintain Healthy Eyesight
As a parent, you must ensure that your child is using a mobile phone in a productive way and for a very limited time. In today’s world, you cannot completely deprive your children of mobile phones, but following these measures will ensure utmost safety:
- Children below 16 years should not be allowed to use mobile phones unmonitored. If you must give them, ensure that they are accessing it in front of you and for a very limited time.
- Do not allow children to play games on the mobile phone. Encourage them to play board games or field games instead.
- Do not let your child hold the mobile directly up at the head level. You can use a headset instead.
- Children should not be allowed to use mobile phones while traveling on buses, trains, cars, or in elevators. In the elevators, mobile phones work harder to get signals, and so the power of radiation is very high.
- You should limit the use of mobile phones around your children. Children observe and learn from you. If you follow healthy habits, your children will follow.
- Ensure that you do not reside in an area next to a mobile phone tower.
- Never allow your children below 16 years old to have their phones.
All these above-mentioned tips will help you maintain healthy eyesight for your kids. You should also monitor their diets and give kids proper nutrition to enhance their vision.