Jack Fruit Nutrition Facts That You Need To Know - wnutrition.net

Jack Fruit Nutrition Facts That You Need To Know


A fruit hanging from a tree

Are you looking for vegan food options that can be a meat substitute? Then you must try the jackfruit at least once. We all know that consuming more fruits is very important for a healthy diet and is delicious too. The fruits include apples, oranges, bananas, and many others, each containing nutrients and health benefits. But today, we are talking about a fruit that can offer a significant boost to your health, and the name is jackfruit. Let’s have a look at the jack fruit nutrition and some health benefits that it offers, plus how you can take it in your diet.

What Is Jackfruit- Jackfruit Nutrition Facts

A close up of a flower

The jackfruit is a tropical fruit that is grown in many tropical regions, which is good because it is tasty and healthy. It features spikes on its outer skin, and it comes in green or yellow color. It is quite large, and the absolute biggest ones reach up to 80 pounds. Though it’s not the most popular fruit in the local grocery store, you can find it somewhere else if it’s not available at the supermarket. It is grown in the summer season, which is when it ought to be available at farmer’s markets if nowhere else.

Jackfruit is of sweet and fruity taste that is compared to pineapples, pears, and bananas. But, most often, it is compared with meat as a substitute by the people on vegan diets, owing to its texture that resembles shredded meat.

Jackfruit Is Full Of Nutrients

A group of fruit sitting on a table

Jackfruit offers a large number of calories, 155 calories in a one-cup serving. And around 92% of these calories come from carbs, and the other 8% is primarily protein. Moreover, its three grams per cup outperforms the typical zero to one gram in apples and mangoes. Besides, jackfruit contains nearly every vitamin and mineral that is recommended for a healthy diet. It contains significant amounts of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and riboflavin and offers many antioxidants.

Some Health Benefits Of Jackfruit

  • Besides its taste, the jackfruit helps to boost blood sugar and helps to control it.
  • It helps to protect against diabetes and helps to fight against heart disease.
  • Jackfruit is very beneficial to boost up the immune system, as it is full of nutrients.
  • Aslo, it helps to prevent some skin problems such as acne, pimples, and allergies.

Summing Up

All of these are the jack fruit nutrition facts that you have never heard before. The jackfruit is very healthy, tasty, and very easy to include in any diet, especially for vegans. It is incredibly versatile and offers a significant boost to your overall health. You can take it raw or can cook a variety of dishes, including breakfast dishes, desserts, curries, soup, and so on. You can make the jackfruit yourself or can buy it pre-sliced and ready to cook. It has never been more comfortable and more beneficial to include this tropical fruit in your daily meals.

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter