Weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight is a universal problem. Many of us try to include every such food in our diet that claims to reduce weight. We exercise and even starve ourselves, but all in vain. Some companies manufacture products with harmful chemicals claiming to reduce weight. But these can lead to side effects. The good news is that nature has us wonderfully covered with amazing fruits, herbs, spices, and vegetables that can miraculously help us lose weight and boost our energy levels. One such fruit variety is the Acai berries. They contain wonderful health benefits that not only help you shed off your flabs but also make you more energetic. But there are also some concerns regarding eating this fruit in more than the recommended quantity. Here are some Acai berry facts that you should know.
Acai Berry Facts
- This Brazilian superfruit is generally 1 to 1.5 cm in diameter.
- It has purple skin and yellow flesh. These have an earthy taste and a large pit like that in apricots and olives. These are generally mashed into a pulp before eating.
- These are nutrient-dense and contain essential vitamins and minerals. 100 g of mashed paste gives you 70 g calories along with small amounts of sugar, fat, fiber vitamin A, and calcium.
- Acai berries are rich in anthocyanins which act as powerful anti-oxidants for the body.
- These contain healthy fats and low amounts of sugar.
- The antioxidants in Acai berries are better absorbed in the gut.
- These contain more antioxidants than those found in blueberries.
- These help lower blood cholesterol.
- Acai berries have a potential anti-cancerous element.
- These have helped improved memory in some cases. Acai berries boost brain functions.
- However, it is better to have this fruit in powder or puree form. One must also check for added sugars.
- Acai juice has fewer antioxidants and is high in sugar content.
- Regular consumption of Acai berries may protect against diabetes and heart diseases. These berries are rich in polyphenols that help in overall heart health. It may also protect the heart from fibrosis, cardiac hypertrophy, or dysfunction.
More About Acai Berries
- Acai berries may boost weight loss. Many standalone supplements are available on the market that only have Acai berries as their main ingredient aiding in weight loss. They have a high amount of fatty acid and fiber that boosts metabolism and fat burn.
- It is also believed that these berries promote digestion. They can be used as a natural treatment for diarrhea. They remove all the toxins from the body and strengthen the digestive system. The fiber present in the berries also helps in this. Regular consumption also prevents you from constipation.
- Acai berries improve the cognitive functioning of the brain. The pulp of the fruit enhances motor functions and cognitive functions.
- They improve cellular health because of the antioxidants. The cells benefit from better nutrient absorbing properties.
The above-mentioned are some of the most important acai berry facts you must know about.